Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"It's great to know you can count on some people that can give us nice books."

The children at Wilbur Cross Elementary enjoyed their recent book delivery which is a part of Reader To Reader’s Bridgeport Literacy Initiative. The program brings books to four Bridgeport, Connecticut elementary schools and is funded in part by grants from the Xerox Corporation and the Pitney Bowes Employee Involvement Fund.

Here are some of the students’ comments about their books:

“I like that you gave us the books now we all could read and read for 20 minutes every day and night now my brother, my cousin and I could read because we like to read a lot now we can with new books so thanks."
--Carmen

"Thanks! Thanks for all the books you donated and all the books were great. Now I have a book to read to my little brother and sister. Thanks for the books.”
--Josh

“Thank you for the books you gave us Wilbur L. Cross students. I'm thankful because I love to read especially the Twilight saga. So again, thank you for giving us the books."
--Felicia

“I'm so glad there are organizations like yours that can give books to schools, and help give kids a sense of imagination.”
--Jazmine

"It's great to know you can count on some people that can give us nice books."
--Bryan

No comments: